[h/t Solidaridad Cuba]
This May 21 get involved in the global effort to demonstrate support for freedom and human rights in Cuba! Champions of Freedom from all over the world are organizing events and listing them on our global solidarity map.
How can I take action on Cuba Solidarity Day?
- ORGANIZE a peaceful march or vigil in a public place! Use white t-shirts, candles, and posters and pass out information on Cuban political prisoners and on human rights violations in Cuba to members of your local community!
- ENCOURAGE at least 10 other friends, colleagues, family members and neighbors to do the same!
- MOBILIZE your community leaders – teachers, church ministers, political leaders, human rights organizations, and activists!
- REACH OUT to local and international media and let them know why you are taking action!
- SHOW your support for Cuba Solidarity Day through Facebook and MySpace!
Let’s demonstrate our support for Cuba’s political prisoners, respect for the Inter-American Democratic Charter, and the right of the Cuban people to choose their own destiny and live freely and peacefully! Join us as we call out in one voice to demand peace, freedom, and democracy on the island!
- Generación Y
- Blog for Cuba
- Secretos de Cuba
- Uncommon Sense
- Cuba Companioni
- Coalition of Cuban American Women
- Cuba Católica
- Hotel Kuba
- Penultimos dias
- Potro Salvaje
- The Real Cuba
- Rumor de Cuba
- Los miquis de Miami